Thursday, November 13, 2008

Howl at the moon!

Welcome baby:

Mia Ryan Jones

November 12, 2008
1:37 AM
7 lbs, 6 oz
19 inches long

Last night was a full moon and Mia decided it was time to make her speedy entrance into this world. I started having contractions at 8pm, they were strong but 10+ minutes apart, so I was skeptical that it was for real having had several similiar "false alarms" in the past week. But by about 9pm, I was thinking that if I had one more strong contraction, even if they were still 10+ minutes apart we were going to the hospital. So, it came...and we called our neighbor Jana to come stay at the house with the kids until my Mom could get there and we loaded up and headed out. I must admit I was doubtful, even on the phone speaking to my midwife, that this was it. But, better safe than sorry. Good thing, because by the time we got into LD triage I was dialted to 3 cm and the contractions were now only about 5 min apart. We finally got to the LDR room about 10ish...she checked me agian about mindnight and I was 6 cm! I was laboring in a jacuzi tub of warm water-- very nice to dull the pain, since I wanted a drug free labor. By about 1 am, they moved me to the bed on my hand and knees, then my side and I stayed there until little Mia made her grand entrance with a major "Mama battle cry" (this is what Michael said I sounded like!) at 1:37 AM. Fast and Furious!

Here are a few pics of our sweet new baby girl. We should be discharged and coming home from the hospital tomorrow (Friday) morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful! Congrats to all of you :)
Marilyn

The Clifton Family said...

Welcome Baby Mia! :) You are sooo loved already and you definitely look like a Jones kid :) We'll be visiting soon and baby Kylie will be all about being your bud as you grow up :) Enjoy your family. They're great!!! :) :) We love you guys....

CALAMITY JANE said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! what a beautiful baby! :)

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful new addition ;o)
Lots of Love, Catherine