Sunday, April 19, 2009

Zach is 4!

So life really does get by you, if don't savor every moment you will miss something. Our little boy turned 4 on March 15th. It seems like only yesterday that I was waking up Michael at 3am, to tell him the little line on the pregnancy test was blue!! Yes, 3 am...I had planned to take the test the next morning, but then woke up and had to go the bathroom at 3am. I didn't want to waste my "morning pee"...so I just took the test, figured it'd be "not pregnant" and I could just go back to sleep. But, to my surprise, it was (+)! I tried to go back to sleep...but I was so excited, I thought I could just get up and wait until Michael woke up to tell him, who was I kidding? I couldn't wait...so it was....and our lives changed forever from that moment on. And 4 years (plus 9 months) later, here I am celebrating that very life I came to know on a very early morning that felt like just yesterday.
So, on with the festivities.....we celebrated 3 times in 3 weeks: on his day with our immediate family at Rainforest Cafe, then with extended family party and his first friends party! Here are some highlights...
Bring on the presents:

The family party:

How old? (he counted on his fingers 1,2,3,4...)

A little green...oh, yeah

Ah, the coveted SharkBite Bay Hot Wheels set...he wanted this so bad!
And the friends party:
We asked him who he wanted to invite-- he named every boy he was friends with (which is only 3, since all of my friends have girls!) We ended up inviting 3 families= 12 kids, 8 girls and 4 boys-including Zach for a SpiderMan Birthday! It was even warm enough to let the kids burn off the cupcake sugar buzz outside. (Which, by the way, I totally recommend doing cupcakes for a kid party....no cake cutting or forks needed. I found cute SpiderMan paper cupcake liners and I just piped on the frosting and decorated the top of each one with 3 SpiderMan fruit snacks and plopped them onto my super cute cupcake tree!) A fun time was had by all :)

This was Boz's Big World Adventure Board Game from the Maurer's- a great family game for all ages :)

A very fun "boy" toy from the Guilmette's...wheels that go flying off a zip stick...he loved it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pregnancy test story! Isn't it incredible how time seems to speed up after having children? I wonder if it's from having kids or just from getting older ourselves. :)

Angela said...

I just read your blog and caught up on everything. I have watched Mia lots in the nurture center and I just love her to pieces. She's so easy...I'd have another in a second if you could promise me that. Hee hee.