Made these muffins yesterday, they are so good and so good for you, too. And the kids loved them! I got this recipe from the top of a StoneyField Organic plain yogurt lid, thought I'd share it with you.
Melt-in-your-mouth Strawberry Muffins
a small disclaimer- these are healthy, so they taste healthy, but my kids and I really liked them them!
Ingredients
1 c all-purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup plain lowfat yogurt (I used Stoneyfield farms Organic Whole Milk, not lowfat, yogurt)
1/4 c butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c chopped strawberries fresh or frozen (I used fresh & I might add more next time)
Directions
Preheat oven to 375.
In a bowl mix together flours, sugar and baking soda.
In another bowl mix eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla.
Toss chopped strawberries in the flour mixture,
then pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir.
Spoon batter into greased (or buttered) muffin tin, fill the cups about 3/4 or more full.
Bake 20-25 minutes, or unilt tops are golden brown (note: only took 17 minutes in my oven, so watch them closely).
Yield 12 muffins. Enjoy!
Nutritional Facts per muffin if you make 12 using lowfat plain yogurt:
Calories: 150, total fat 5g, Carbs 24g, Protien 4g, Fiber 2g



1 comment:
those look really yummy! love that they have yogurt in them. these will definitely be the next muffins i make. love the step-by-step pix!
Post a Comment